The Packaging Knowledge Group has provided results-oriented solutions for numerous companies. These efforts include:
- Designed and changed packaging for a major home appliance line that resulted in the reduction of several hundred tons of packaging material per year.
- Implemented a packaging change in a multi-plant environment for durable goods that reduced material consumption, reduced the number of materials and eliminated waste at the customer location.
- Assisted a major food company in collecting, organizing and loading packaging scorecard data for over 8000 SKU’s.
- Incorporated post consumer recycled content (PCR) into one package design that eliminated consuming 50,000 tons per year of virgin fiber.
- Conducted a waste composition study and identified key areas for reduction, recycling and composting.
- Conducted packaging scorecard training for over 200 companies (including Wal-Mart suppliers as well as packaging suppliers).
- Assisted numerous companies in collecting, organizing and loading packaging scorecard data for products ranging from light bulbs to flower arrangements and everything in between.
- Performed a packaging line optimization study leading to over $500k annual savings in reduced product give away.
- Developed material and whole package test methods for a variety of customers.
- Designed, tested and validated a new packaging system for a fiber optic product being shipped to China.
- Performed testing and suggested design improvements for a major pharmaceutical product.
- Audited marketing collateral for accuracy of environmental claims for numerous companies.
What can the Packaging Knowledge Group do for you? Contact us today for a complimentary consultation at